Every employer aims to recruit candidates who can help to maintain a safe workplace. Sterling Healthcare includes pre-employment drug testing among its menu of lab services and is eligible to bid on contracts to perform drug testing for Federal Drug-Free Workplace Programs.
Goals of Pre-Employment Testing
The purpose of pre-employment screening is to eliminate poor candidates from the hiring process, which can reduce absenteeism, tardiness and compensation claims. The recent epidemic of illegal prescription medication use only reinforces the need to identify individuals engaged in illicit and non-prescribed drug use. The Department of Transportation (DOT) mandates pre-employment testing for all of its job candidates.
Workplace Certifications and Compliance
Sterling’s portfolio of toxicology laboratories includes facilities that successfully meet all of the requirements for laboratory certification as specified in the Department of Health and Human Services’ (HHS) Mandatory Guidelines for Federal Workplace Drug Testing Programs. HHS laboratory standards for urine drug testing certification assure federal agencies and their employees that only the highest-quality laboratories and scientific and methodological procedures are used in testing.
Additional lab certifications include the College of American Pathologists, (CAP), Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA).
Sterling’s Toxicology Testing Benefits
- National database of collection sites; on-site testing available
- Strict chain of custody and defendable procedures
- Automated random test generation and notification
- Certified breath testers and collectors trained on drugs of abuse collection
- Comprehensive testing available with confirmation of positive screens
- Medical review officers available to certify results
- Result interpretation and real-time online reporting
To learn more about Sterling’s pre-employment drug testing services, contact us at email@example.com.